- The BRI card services 8 fully functional BRI ports. The port configuration is TE or NT, with PTP or MPT line interface support.
- On the NT interface the power supply can be switched off – 42 V.
The factory settings of the ports are as follows:
- ports 0, 2, 4 and 6 preset as NT with power supply
- ports 1, 3, 5 and 7 preset as TE
- if you desire to use the BRI ports for the synchronisation, no line card position may be skipped between this card and the SWITCH card.
- The card is installed into the basic module on the line card position.
- The NS Admin programming tool uses these port settings during the HW activation..
The set-up of the Jumpers on the board determines the NT or TE port type
- Pins 1–2, 3–4, 5–6, 7–8 and power supply pins to be connected
- NT without power supply
- Connect pins 1–2, 3–4, 5–6, 7–8 and do not connect the power supply pins
- Connect pins 1–3, 2–4, 5–7, 6–8 and do not connect the power supply pins
- on the positions with the HW addresses 5, 9 and 13 the ports 0 and 1 always have the NT configuration.
8x BRI port
- Interface type – S0 (NT–S/T, LT–T) with phantom power supply – 42 V
- S0 (TE–S/T, LT–S) without power supply
- *Protocol * – DSS1 – EURO ISDN
- TE modus
- Pin3, Pin6 = reception couple
- Pin4, Pin5 = broadcasting couple
- NT modus
- Pin3, Pin6 = broadcasting couple
- Pin4, Pin5 = reception couple