EasyGate consites of GSM gateway in white plastic cover, removable antenna and cables for connecting to phone set and PC.
2N® EasyGate's status is indicated by LED diodes on its front side. All possible states are described in the following figure.
EasyGate LED indicators and EasyGate Connecters
Telephone Line Tones – Operational Tones
The GSM (UMTS) gateway sends tones to the telephone line to indicate the line status. Following part describes the factory default setting. The tone frequency is 425 Hz.
- continuous or morse A
- EasyGate is registered to GSM (UMTS) network and ready to receive dialing.
- The called subscriber's telephone is ringing.
- The GSM (UMTS) network transmits this tone.
The busy tone is transmitted in any of the following cases:
- The SIM card has not been installed.
- EasyGate is logged-out.
- EasyGate is logged-in to a foreign network but roaming is disabled.
- The called number has too many digits (more than 30).
- The called number is barred.
- The called subscriber line is busy.
- The called subscriber has hung up (disconnection).
Dialing end signaling
- Dialing reception has been terminated. Connection is being established.
- Enter the PIN code.
- This tone is transmitted upon power up if the PIN has to be entered manually.
- Enter the PUK code.
- This tone is transmitted upon repeated wrong PIN entering attempts. SIM card is blocked. PUK code can't be inserted in the gateway, it is necessary to use mobile phone.
Telephone Line Tones – Programming Mode
Tones confirming/refusing the values entered are transmitted during telephone line based programming. Each tone has a different melody.
- Confirms that the service password or parameter number entered is correct and has been accepted.
- Incorrect parameter number
- Incorrect parameter value
- Transmitted when a parameter is cancelled with a.
- Parameter value entered is correct and has been saved.