2N® Lift8 monitors the rechargeable battery state. If the battery capacity is low or the batteries are older than 2 years, the red Power/battery LED will start flashing on the CU.
An event can be executed to inform the user of the battery replacement need.
The following options are available:
- IO module output activation
- IO module output deactivation
- Send SMS – set the phone number and text (for the GSM/UMTS module only)
- Send system SMS – set the phone number (for the GSM/UMTS module only)
- Operational call – this call is set up to the number defined in parameters 081–088 (Operational call) and uses CPC Antenna, CPC KONE or P100 for transmissions
- SMS can be sent only if the GSM/UMTS module is installed.
From version 2.4.0 up, the Battery replaced event can be executed. The events related to battery replacement (IO module output activation/deactivation, send SMS or operational call) can be executed. Set the parameters via the Service Tool again (Configuration – Events – Battery replaced).
Operational calls are possible with this event only if CPC Antenna/KONE and P100 2N Ext are set in parameters 181–186. Make sure that the settings match the Control Panel values. Be sure to set 2N Ext in the Control Panel for CPC Antenna 2N Ext. CPC KONE or P100 will do for the other protocols (CPC KONE 2N Ext, P100 2N Ext).
In versions 2.5.0 and higher, you can set the operational call (replace battery, battery replaced) via parameter 990. Refer to Subs. 3.2 (Table of Parameters) for details.
- If you set the operational call via parameter 990 and Events menu (script), the call will be set up twice.