Description of Connection
The module should be part of the Central Unit (hereinafter referred to as CU). If the CU does not contain the VoIP module, proceed as follows:
- Disconnect the CU from the mains supply.
- Loosen the three screws on the CU upper cover.
- Move the CU upper cover in such a way that you can remove it.
- Proceed with caution while removing the cover: be careful about the drain wire connecting the cover with the CU bottom part. Do not disconnect the wire unless there is a reason to do so!
- Disconnect the back-up rechargeable batteries if available using the battery – CU cable FASTON terminals.
Mount the module onto the externally threaded spacers (2) and connect it to the motherboard connector (1).
- Be careful while putting the module on the pins. Make sure that you have connected all the pins to the module connector.
If you have mounted the connector pins correctly, use 1 bolt spacer (3) and 2 threaded spacers (4) to fit the module. Use a 5mm hex socket wrench to fit the spacers.
- Now connect the VoIP line via the RJ-45 connector.
- Connect the rechargeable batteries. Reconnect the cover – CU bottom connecting drain wire if disconnected. Replace the cover and tighten the 3 screws.
- Connect the CU to the mains supply.
- While fitting the module, make sure that all the pins are fitted correctly into the connector to avoid module damage.
- The A-Law codec is only supported in 2N® Lift8.