This audio unit is designed for installation on the lift shaft bottom or lift cabin roof, or wherever it is necessary to communicate (during lift maintenance, e.g.). The audio unit is enclosed in a robust yellow cover. It is not intended for outdoor use but perfectly tolerates the conditions in lift shafts: is resistant against fall of small objects, dripping oil, etc. The ALARM button activates the control centre connection, the TRIPHONY bottom enables conference connection with the other audio units of one and the same lift. The audio unit contains a built-in microphone and a speaker. A handset can be connected for better acoustic properties. Thanks to its size and robustness, the audio unit has a very good, strong sound.
Caution – upgrade
- The yellow, green and red LEDs are on (request received, connection confirmed and red LED under the glass) to indicate audio unit initialisation.
- The yellow and green LEDs flash to indicate audio unit upgrading. The red LED is permanently on.
- The ALARM pictogram (bell symbol) goes on upon upgrade and the audio unit is ready for use.
- This type of audio unit is operated by qualified people (lift maintenance staff, e.g.).
- Push the TRIPHONY button to activate voice communication with the other audio units of the same lift.
- Push the ALARM button, for example, when someone falls down the shaft.
- The audio unit calls the numbers configured in the ALARM memory – set 2 (021–026).
- The ALARM button illumination (not required by default) helps you find and activate the audio unit easily in the dark.
- If no number is specified in the ALARM memory – set 2 (021–026), the audio unit dials the numbers defined in the ALARM memory – set 1 (011–016).
- Push the ALARM button to call the control room or machine room audio unit configured as an intercom.
- The ALARM and TRIPHONY buttons shine even at relax.
Before You Start
Product Completeness Check
Check the product for completeness before installation.
- 1 audio unit
- 2 wall plugs
- 2 wall plug screws
- This type of audio unit has no specific requirements.
The audio unit is typically mounted on a wall using the supplied wall plugs and screws. There is a drilling template in the product package.
- The audio unit is not intended for outdoor installations.
The audio unit has one connector for bus connection. The second RJ-11 connector is used for handset connection. Both the connectors are under the side doors.
Audio Unit Location Configuration
Audio unit location means configuration of jumpers (see the cover print). You do not have to change the jumper configuration if you are installing the audio unit at the shaft bottom. Otherwise, proceed as follows:
- Loosen the screws on the jumper-protecting door and open the door.
- Set the audio unit location. See the printed label under the door for one-cabin configuration. To set the cabin 2 audio unit, insert the jumper to the shaft bottom position (left jumper) and then select the audio unit position with the other jumper (cabin 2 roof, cabin 2, under cabin 2).
- Close the door and tighten the screw.
- In versions 2.0.0 and higher, up to 7 audio unit positions can be configured for two-cabin lifts (1 – cabin roof, 2 – cabin = default, 3 – under cabin, 4 – shaft bottom, 5 – cabin 2 roof, 6 – cabin 2, 7 – under cabin 2).
- Connect up to 6–7 audio units to one shaft including the Fireman audio unit and camera modules.
- Avoid the audio unit address duplicity.
- This audio unit cannot be configured as common for multiple lifts.
Loosen the screws to the right and open the connector cover. There is just one connector under the cover: a bus connector. Pull out the terminal from the connector, connect the wires and replace the terminal. Make sure that the polarity is maintained.
- The audio unit is intended for 2N® Lift8 audio unit bus connection exclusively. Do not connect it to other wires to avoid its damage or destruction.
- Maintain polarity while connecting the audio unit to avoid audio unit error.
- The audio unit is powered via a 2-wire bus. Disconnection of these wires results in the audio unit switch-off.
Use the handset supplied with the audio unit and the included cable with telephone terminals.
- If the handset is not connected, the audio unit works in the HandsFree mode.
- A handset other than that supplied by the manufacturer may not work.
Open the protective door on the audio unit and adjust the volume using the trimmer.
- Use the trimmer to set the best acoustic properties eliminating feedback.
- Volume configuration only works in the HandsFree mode.