This section helps you configure sending of SNMP requests and traps. Download the list of available requests and traps, i.e. the MIB table, from the gateway web interface. The main purpose of SNMP monitoring is to observe your GSM gateway states continuously and send state information to the defined IP addresses whenever an error occurs.
Refer to the List of SNMP traps for the list of all SNMP traps sent by 2N® BRI.
- This service is subject to licence! Refer to Management / Licence key for the current GSM gateway licence state details.
- You can also apply ISDN monitoring to monitor the ISDN PRI line state. Refer to Gateway Configuration / ISDN Parameters – Monitoring for details.
- SNMPv2 protocol is supported.
- It is possible to send GETRequest, GETNextRequest and SETRequest requests.
- Signal level – define the maximum/minimum level of the signal received by the GSM/UMTS module. The SNMP trap is sent automatically whenever the defined values are exceeded.
- SMS bufer upper limit – define the maximum filling capacity of the SMS storage. The SNMP trap is sent automatically whenever the defined value is exceeded.
Enabled – enable/disable the SNMP service.
Community – SNMP community is a group that owns the device and control stations on which SNMP is running. Default value = public.
- First SNMP server – the addressee's primary IP address and transport port for SNMP traps (default port = 162). Please make sure that the parameters have been completed correctly to avoid SNMP malfunction.
- Second SNMP server – the addressee's secondary IP address and transport port for SNMP traps (default port = 162). If these parameters are correctly completed, the SNMP traps will be sent both to the primary and secondary IP addresses.
It is possible to configure following contact details in this section:
Download MIB files
This section helps you download the MIB files that are necessary for a proper function of your MIB browser.
The SNMP service works properly on condition that:
- SNMP is licensed in the Management section.
- The primary IP address, transport port and community parameters are completed.
- SNMP is enabled in the Monitoring section.e